Amazing live performers, they play many instruments, feel their on-stage energy, and get blown away by their sheer musical prowess. They truly please everyone, bonding with their audiences wherever they perform.
Since its inception in 2009, Les Grands Hurleurs have earned a solid reputation, accumulating a lot of experience in countless Quebec venues, international stages (Czech Republic, France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, the USA) and on major events including recently: Canada Day in Victoria, & Canada Summer Games Winnipeg.
Since 2017 they’ve been in the official showcase selections at Chainon (2020, virtual, France), Folk Alliance International (2021, 2019, & 2018 (Kansas City, USA), APAP (2021, virtual), offWOMEX (2019, Finland) Rideau (Québec), FICG 2017 (Granby, Quebec), Contact East 2017 (Cape Breton) etc.
Les Grands Hurleurs have achieved the rare feat of bagging a Felix Award – Francophone Canada’s Juno equivalent – for three albums.
- 2021: ELLIPSE, La Compagnie du Nord CIE010
- 2018: Chouîa La Compagnie du Nord CIE003/Coyote records COYOTE031
- 2015: 3/4 Fort (Trad album of the year, ADISQ) Coyote Records. COYOTE008
- 2011: Petit grain d’or (Trad album of the year, ADISQ) Disques Tempête. TEM24028
- 2009: Nicolas Pellerin et Les Grands Hurleurs (Trad album of the year, ADISQ) Disques Tempête. TEM23838